Recruiting Tip – Don’t let Email and Voicemail Rule Your Business Life

 Have you ever had one of those days, when you unable to focus on those tasks and results that were most important to you? Technology, although wonderful, has given others 24/7 access to you through voice mail, email, texting and cell phones.

 
Answering messages in your email inbox could wipe out precious prime  time by distracting you to address what’s most important to others. Your inbox is an easy organizing system for other people’s agendas – not necessarily yours!

 
Just think for a moment of how many emails you receive, even after being screened for junk or spam. It can often be easier to answer an email than make a prospecting call, but it is obvious which action will benefit you most.

 
Incoming calls can also have a negative impact on your ability to succeed. Your destiny should be controlled by your planned outgoing calls vs. the incoming calls. You have to ask yourself – who calls you most?  Each conversation, every molecule of free advice and any time spent will cost you a fortune in possible production and income.

 
Now let’s address solutions for your inbox and incoming calls

 
INBOX SOLUTIONS
Create and follow an email policy that you and your team establish. If you are not working a fast pace, high volume temp, clerical, call center or light industrial desk – there is no reason you need to answer emails as they arrive. Answer them three times throughout the day (early am, over lunch and at the end of the day). It’s amazing the amount of time this puts back in to your day to focus on your priorities.

 
Share your email processing information with your clients and candidates, so they don’t expect to receive an immediate response. It’s interesting that response time to emails keeps increasing, while response time to texting is almost immediate. This is obviously another way to communicate with candidates and clients – but you never want to abuse the privilege.

 
INCOMING CALL SOLUTIONS
The Staffing and Recruiting Profession places less than 5% of the candidates attracted to you, your website and firm. The other 95% should be provided with resources that give them something to do.  Help every candidate you speak with through either placing with a client or send them to www.patricecareerhelp.com where they can get a “live” person critiquing their resume, 50 free resume cards, free weekly seminars on different topifcs of finding a job, school information for retraining and much more.

Back

What Clients Say About Patrice & Associates

  • Thanks Again!

    Bartol starts on Wednesday! Thanks for again turning over all the rocks for us. - FH Client  Thanks Again!
  • Amy is genuine, honest and has a passion for what she does.

    Amy contacted me in a time where I was unhappy where I was but wasn’t doing anything to change it. She was very informative and if she didn’t have the information at hand, she got it. She revamped an old resume making it more about achievements than responsibilities. She coached me on interview tactics before multiple interviews and was there to talk about them afterwards. Every conversation we had felt more like a friendship than business. She is genuine, honest and has a passion for what she does. She also helped boost my confidence through the entire interview progress. Whatever she is doing, she must be doing it right because I got the job! Thanks Amy for a life changing experience.
    Sincerely,
    Shawn Ware
    Amy is genuine, honest and has a passion for what she does.
  • I really appreciate Tim for all his handwork and consistency.

    He saw a lot of potential in me which allowed me to apply for a higher position than I had first intended. Although the process wasn't easy he was still very honest and trustworthy. I am very grateful to have received his guidance. I really appreciate Tim for all his handwork and consistency.
  • I want to thank Tim...

    ...for all the time he spent helping me acquire my new career. He has helped by assisting me with redesigning my resume and keeping in contact with me throughout the entire process.  His actions showed that he really cared and wanted the best for me. Thanks again, Dominic Almanza I want to thank Tim
  • I would 100% recommend Ross

    I cannot begin to thank Ross and Karen enough! without the two of them I wouldn't have even known about the position! The interview process was quick, easy and simple. After only a short week I was in a position I knew I was going to love forever and it was all thanks to them! Ross has been so good about following up with me even after being hired, asking how my experience has been, what hours I'm working etc. and to top it all off Ross even sent me a gift card thanking me for working with him. I would 100% recommend Ross to anyone looking for a career in the industry!
    Cheers,
    Bayley Ferreira
    I would 100% recommend Ross