Common Resume/CV Mistakes
The following are common mistakes that could cause your resume | CV to be screened out vs. help you schedule an interview.
1. Resume | CV is a job description that could be used by anyone who worked in the position.
2. Job objectives listed are too specific and will limit interviews.
3. Resume | CV is too long – more than one page.
4. Information included that identifies your religious beliefs, political affiliations, etc.
5. Accomplishments are not listed for each job.
6. Resume | CV contains errors: spelling, grammatical, dates, etc.
7. Resume | CV was written before you thought out your targets.
8. Major skills are not listed.
9. First job is listed first versus the most recent position.
If you are applying for more than one type of position, you may want to write more than one resume| CV. Make sure you write down which version you send. Your customized resumes | CV’s should have different job objectives and the skills most valuable should be listed first in the past experience section.