Recruitment Tip: Culture Fit Interview Questions
Recruiting and hiring someone that is a culture fit for your company is often more important that hiring for skills or industry experience. Often skills and job responsibilities can be taught but you cannot teach someone how to fit in with the culture of your organization. They have it or they don’t.
Cultural fit interview questions are used to single out candidates whose values, beliefs and behavior fit in with your company’s culture. For your team’s and company’s best interest, always make sure to ask a set of cultural fit interview questions that will help you see if the candidate is culturally a good fit for the company.
Here are some of the best examples of interview questions I have used to determine if a candidate is a good cultural fit for our client. These are situational questions and creates a scenario where the candidate has to think on their feet. They generally are not prepared for these type questions and you will gain insight as to how they will fit within your organization.
- Describe the type of work environment in which you can really give your best and be most productive.
- Did you become a really good friend with any of your colleagues at your previous (or current) workplace? What do you think about having close relationships with your coworkers? Is this a good or a bad practice?
- Describe a situation where your colleagues disagreed with your ideas. What did you do?
- Do you prefer working alone or as part of a team? Please explain your answer.
- What is your opinion about taking work home with you? Do you usually take your work home? Is it good practice in your opinion?
- Name three things that you like the most about our company.
- Describe a challenging situation you have faced recently at work, and how you tackled it.
- What are you passionate about?
- What does your ideal work day look like?
- What are, in your opinion, the key ingredients in maintaining successful business relationships?
- Tell me about the most stressful situation you faced at work. What happened? How did you handle it?