Why people LOVE working for this company!
- Established Inn, Restaurants
- Scratch Kitchen
- Serves 300 at Breakfast and Lunch - 350 at Dinner or more for special parties and catering
- Promote from Within
- Career Progression
- Great Training and Benefits
- Family Water Park
- Great discounts
- Phenomenal Benefits
- Authentic German Atmosphere and Food from Scratch
Position Overview & Responsibilities
- Responsible for training and motivating the employees.
- Conducting fair, accurate, and timely training reviews and evaluations.
- Documenting performance daily to give praise where deserved and to reprimand when necessary.
- Writing and updating job descriptions.
- Writing and updating training manuals, outlines, or programs.
- Conducting monthly meetings to inform and train employees.
- Providing opportunities for personal growth of self and employees.
- Involving employees in developing new products, procedures and salesmanship.
- Training employees on proper food handling and sanitation requirements such as dating and rotating stock, cooking, storage temperatures, etc.
- Training employees on how to prepare food and beverages according to standardizing recipes to insure consistent quality products.
- Assist in training staff how to bartend and serve alcohol responsibility in accordance with the liquor laws of Michigan, controlling expenses, promoting and creating ideas and generating sales in own and other departments.
- Help to maintains or increase profitability within areas of responsibility by meeting with suppliers and purveyors for new ideas.
- Reading periodicals or conducting surveys for trends that may increase or develop repeat business.
- Suggesting strategies to better the department sales, efficiency service, profitability, expenses, etc. and plans, coordinates and controls these strategies.
- Suggesting realistic goals for the departments and their employees to become stronger and reviews progress or makes changes accordingly.
- Reviewing products used and their costs to control expenses.
- Analyzing product mix reports to look at good vs. poor sellers to make necessary changes in menus.
- Developing new and creative specials or programs to increase sales.
- Reading periodicals to keep up with current trends.
- Evaluating products to insure that all quality standards are met.
- Treats security as a high priority.
- Training employees to work in a safe manner in accordance to Government Regulations.
- Assuring safe passage for our guests.
- Protecting the assets of our company.
- Protecting the valuables of our guests
- Developing systems that will detour the path toward temptation with the employee and the guest.
- Conducting periodic inventories or spot check till changes.
- Reviewing the storage of food items and how they are processed and temperature stored at.
- Responsible for monitoring a budget for the department and tracking any deviations.
- Helps to assure consistent and accurate operations on a daily basis by ordering perishable and non-perishable goods in quantities that will allow employees to operate efficiently and in order to promote sales.
- Items purchased must be of high quality and sold for a price that will be of value to the guest.
- Scheduling cleaning duties and ordering necessary supplies or equipment.
- Checking, reporting and repairing broken equipment on a daily basis.
- Assures equipment is in good working order.
- Scheduling all activities within given areas and of employees.
- Enforcing established policies and procedures of the Lodge and State of Michigan.
- Compiling information reports to look for trends or opportunities to improve daily operations.
- Communicating timely to employees and other departments any changes that may occur.
- Compiles information for reporting, analyzing, and planning purposes by taking inventory of food and beverage items, glassware and supplies or profits make in other areas, studying menu mix and recent trends to keep menus fresh and interesting.
- Help with costing food and beverage monthly to keep cost of goods and expenses in line.
- Inspecting all areas for cleanliness, safety, showmanship, etc., sharing these results with the employee and making necessary changes to improve unwanted conditions.
- Works in a safe manner at all times and eliminates or reports unsafe conditions and trains employees to do the same.
- Seeks out opportunities to provide exceptional guest service. This is accomplished by training employees to greet all guests in a warm and friendly manner, training employees to be courteous to our guests and fellow employees and setting and example for all subordinates. This is performed on a daily basis.
- Monitors and maintains child labor compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- BC/BS Premium - Company pays 1/2 of the cost
- Children covered, not spouse
- Dental and Vision available for them to purchase
- Life and Accident insurance
- 401K - vested affter 7 years of employment
4 Tips for Writing a Resume that will get you the interview
- Associates degree or equivalent
- Minimum two years bartending and food service experience
- Knowledge of beer, wines, and liquor from brewing or distillation to final service in a Dining Room situation
- Handle pressure situations in a controlled fashion.
- Food handling and sanitation knowledge.
- Decisive, timely, organized and creative.
- Accounting skills with costing, pricing and ordering techniques.
- Good verbal, written communication and reporting skills.
- Managerial and training ability to motivate, train staff and to conduct evaluations and reprimands.
- Good math skills for handling of money and calculate cost of goods.
- Ability to use a computerized POS system
EOE - Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested? Contact your Career Coach!
Patrice & Associates
Fill in the form to apply for the job.