Compensation & Benefits
First interviews are a “get to know” interview. Unless the client asks you directly, never bring up salary and benefits on the first interview.
- On the first interview you must convince the client that you can provide value to the company and you must show enthusiasm for the job.
- If asked about compensation never use what we call a “hard” number. Simply state what you are making currently or in your last position, re-express your interest in the job, and simply state that you would seriously consider their best offer.
- Listen to your recruiter. Your recruiter works with these clients every day and will inform you of a realistic range to expect from the company and for your current experience level.
- We won’t send you out for an interview where the compensation package doesn’t fit the range you are currently receiving.
- Asking for more compensation than your experience or the position warrants will swiftly eliminate you from consideration.
- If you are currently unemployed, don’t expect an offer equivalent to what you were making. Sorry, but these are the facts of life.